1. Sign in to Google Domains.
2. Click the domain you want to update. (mywebsite.com).
3. Open the menu.
4. Click the DNS icon.
5. Scroll to the Custom resource records section.
6. In the first field, enter "www” or the required subdomain.
7. In the dropdown menu, select CNAME.
8. In the TTL field, enter "1H."
9. In the data field, enter your school URL like my-site.newzenler.com
10. Click Add.
Forward mywebsite.com to www.mywebsite.com
Some users will not enter the www prefix to mywebsite.com when entering the URL. To redirect such users to www.mywebsite.com please set a forwarding rule in the GoDaddy dashboard.
The steps to forward mywebsite.com to www.mywebsite.com is given below,
1. First go to Google Domains, and click on My Domains in the left-hand side menu.
2. Now click on the domain (mywebsite.com) you want to manage, and then click DNS in the left-hand side menu.
3. Scroll down to the section which says Synthetic records
4. Add a new Synthetic record using the following values:
a. Select Subdomain forward option in the dropdown menu.
b. Enter @ for the subdomain. This represents the naked or root domain.
c. Enter the subdomain URL which is the URL you want to forward to: http://www.mywebsite.com
d. Select Permanent redirect.
e. Select Forward path.
f. Select Enable SSL.
5. Click the Add button to persist the changes.