(Example: www.yourdomain.com or www.yourdomain.org or www.yourdomain.co.uk)
Step 1: Set Custom Domain name in NEW Zenler Site.
- Login to your NEW Zenler site.
- Select the ‘Site’ menu and go to the ‘Site Settings’ sub menu (on the left bar).
- Click ‘Custom Domain’ tab and in the space provided enter your custom domain (www.yourdomain.com).
- Click the ‘Update’ button to enable the custom domain.
Complete Step 2 (Update DNS Zone files) to finish the custom domain setup.
Step 2: Update DNS Zone files
In this step, you need to change the DNS Zone file from your web hosting providers website. Below are the steps to change DNS Zone for web hosting providers GoDaddy, Namecheap and cPanel.
(a) GoDaddy - For sites using GoDaddy for web hosting
- Login to your GoDaddy Web hosting account.
- Select your domain name from the list to access the Domain Settings page
- Scroll down to Additional Settings and select Manage DNS.
- On the DNS Management page, at the bottom of the Records section, click Add.
- Select CNAME from the Type dropdown.
- In the field provided for ‘Host’ enter www.
- In the ‘Points To’ field, enter your NEW Zenler Site URL.(Example: your-school-name.newzenler.com)
Click ‘FINISH’ to update.
Please note that it will take some time for DNS propagation and you should wait for some time to see this change take effect on the browser.
(b) Namecheap - For sites using Namecheap
- Sign in to your Namecheap account.
- Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click Manage next to your domain name.
- Select the Advanced DNS tab at the top of the page.
- In the Host Records section, click the Add New Record button. (or edit the record for www if already exists)
- Select "CNAME Record" from the "Type" drop-down menu and enter www
- Under Value, paste in the school subdomain URL your-school-name.newzenler.com.
- Click "Save all changes" and remember that it can take up to 48 hours for newly-Created records to take effect.
Please note that it will take some time for DNS propagation to complete and should wait for some time to see this change take effect on the browser.
(c) cPanel - For Web hosting using cPanel
- Login to your cPanel web hosting account.
- From the ‘Domains’ section choose ‘Simple DNS Zone Editor’.
- Go to the ‘Add a CNAME Record’ section.
- In the field provided for ‘Name’ enter your hostname (Example: www.yourdomain.com)
- In the ‘CNAME’ field, enter your NEW Zenler Site URL. (Example: your-school-name.newzenler.com)
- Click ‘Add CNAME Record’ button to update. It will take some time to propagate.
Note: Depending on your web hosting providers there may occur some minor changes in the steps