Automations can be accessed from the Automation tab for a Course.
With Automations, you can set up and schedule a sequence of actions - emails, tagging or webhooks, dripped over days/hours or on specific dates when a trigger happens eg. when someone enrols to your course or completes a course.
Zenler Mail handles all of your emails for you so you can pretty much cancel your email provider if you want to.
We have two triggers or events now.
Triggered when someone enrolls on a course.
Triggered when someone completes a course.
Triggered when someone completes a lesson.
Now let's go through the steps...
You can set up an entire sequence of emails when someone enrolls into your Course with the OnEnroll Trigger.
2. You can set up an entire sequence of emails when someone completes a course as well with the OnCourseComplete trigger.
3. Creating content/copy for the email nurturing sequences can get tricky. To make this easy, we preload the high converting email sequences/blueprints all ready for you to edit. And by default, they are set to Draft.
4. You can also see all the Email Stats on each of these emails - opened, delivered, clicked, unsubscribed, bounced etc right inside the platform with Zenler Mail (without the need to go to another email platform to see this).
5. Now, let's try and Edit the Automation rules to edit/add some of our rules. Click on Edit Automation Rules
6. Two Rules are automatically created every time you create a Course.
Enroll Email Sequence that gets triggered when someone enrolls on the course - OnEnroll Trigger. This Email Sequence is pre-loaded for you and set to Draft by default, but you can edit and enable them, we will get to that in a bit.
Course Completion Email Sequence when someone completes a course - OnCourseComplete Trigger
Drip Notification Emails - Email that goes out when each of your Sections gets unlocked/dripped.
OnLessonComplete - Email that goes out when someone completes a lesson.
You can add a new Rule using Add Rule if you want to.
Add Rule will show the triggers we have now.
7. Under each Rule/Trigger you can add a sequence of emails, Tag someone, send webhooks etc.
Click Add Action
Send Mail - Adds an Email to the sequence
Add Tag - Adds an action that tags someone to the sequence
Remove Tag - Removes a tag that has been applied to someone
Send a Webhook - Call a third party service to inform them about this event
Pre-Loaded Email Sequence Scripts
8. Every time you create a Course, an email sequence gets automatically created - Access Instructions (Welcome Email), Day 2 Nurturing email & Course Completion Mails etc with scripts/blueprints ready to use...
These are readymade content/blueprints that you modify as you need to.
Click on any of the emails you want to edit and it will load up the email editor on the right.
By default all these mails are set to Draft. Once you are done editing your email content click 'Make this action live' to set this email to live.
9. Drip delay - automatically schedule to send the email at a later time and date.
Hours or Days:
You can delay sending this email by Hours or Days from the date/time of enrollment.
You can also send this email on a Specific Date.
10. You can click on Personalize button to use the tags/merge tags that gets automatically updated when it's sent out.
first_name: First name of the recipient gets populated when the mail gets sent out.
last_name: Last name of the recipient.
full_name: Full name of the recipient.
email: Email Id of the recipient.
mailing_address: Admin Postal address (set in your Profile).
unbsubscribe_link: Recipients link to unsubscribe from further emails from you.
11. Edit the email as you need to.
NOTE: At the moment, we do not auto-populate course links so for the pre-loaded scripts please add them yourselves...
So where it says "click here to access your course" put the link manually as it does not automatically gets added now. Auto population is on the plan.
12. Send a Test Mail: Enter an email and send yourself a test mail to see if it looks good.
13. Once you are done editing your email content click 'Make this action live' to set this email to live.
14. You can also add new mail to the sequence by clicking on Add Action > Send Mail
15. Course Completion Emails are also pre-created for you on the OnCourseComplete Trigger.
16. Any Drip schedule set in Course will also pre-create one ready to use email/script for each section of the course that is being dripped in the Drip Notification Emails sequence.
17. You can Tag a student based on what action takes on your site.
Say I want to apply a tag or a sticker on someone who bought on a Black Friday sale. OnEnrol is where I am going to apply a tag.
Here I select Add Tag so that later on I can use this Tag to pull all the students who have used this Tag for example.
Also, you can remove the Tags when you need to.
18. If you have a third party that you want to send the event to when an event happens you can do that with Send a Webhook.
Add the URL of the service that you need to call to notify in Hook Url.
PS: For Zapier you don't need to use this - instead use New Zenler Zapier Integration.
19. On each of the emails you can drill down and see the detailed stats by clicking the 'eye' icon.
You will now see the detailed information of each recipient.
⚡ Email Segmentation ⚡
20. On any email you can segment and target the right set of students you want to target.
You can learn more about Segmentation & Filters here: Segmentation